Pages

Sunday 2 November 2014

INKspired Sketch Blog Hop 4

Hi and welcome!

November already where does the time go? If you are journeying along the INKspired sketch blog hop you would have landed here from Cherie Davies who always has such beautiful work. If you are just checking in to see what I have been up to - well I can tell you, it's still about Christmas :)
 
This week our sketch was like a patchwork, I just couldn't get my head around it.  My  mind works overtime with these sketches to get creative.  I am not sure if I have succeeded in keeping with the sketch, but hopefully it's not too far off the mark. Here is the sketch that was issued to us:
 
 
  
WARNING......I DID TELL YOU IN A PREVIOUS POST THAT WHEN IT COMES TO CHRISTMAS I AM ALL ABOUT SANTAS, HE MAKES AN APPEARANCE AGAIN THIS WEEK!
 
 
 
 
 
I thought I would get a little messy this week with some ink sponging.  I have used inks to create a night sky around a masked moon, and then white embossed some stars on to it. In sticking with the sketch I have used black cardstock as a window frame to create the 2 sections.
 
Using Bermuda bay ribbon was suppose to represent the bottom strip in the sketch but I think I got carried away with it......never mind.
 
I decided my starry night sky needed some sparkle, so used the silver sparkly paper and the confetti star punch. I used the scrap of the punched out stars on the inside of the card - waste nothing!!!
 
My words 'MERRY CHRISTMAS" came from the Merry Everything Stamp Set - most of you should know me by now and know that I never look at a stamp in the form it is in, I always find a way to use it differently - I challenge you to do this as well. When you have, please post a pic so I can see, I love seeing other peoples creativity :)
 
Hope you enjoyed this weeks card and get some inspiration to start creating one just the same.
Remember if you would like to purchase any of the items that I have used on my card, you can simply click on the picture of the item below and it will take you to my secure online store where you can order straight away .
 
Please continue on the blog hop, by visiting Lisa Eaton's blog next, she is a talented lady and you certainly don't want to miss the opportunity of seeing her work.
 
http://lisaeaton.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/inkspired-artists-blog-hop-4.html
 
 
Happy crafting

14 comments:

  1. Cute Santa Janelle, love the window and the stars outside, again I can see some inspiration happening here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb....not sure that I totally stuck with the challenge this week but was excited with what I was doing that I got a little carried away xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Santa from the Holiday Home set and how u put it all together, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maree, I love all things Santa!!!! My youngest boy has claimed this card as his own, he really loved it (guess he gets his tastes from his mum).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janelle, this is a great card! Love the window you created, and all the silver touches are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Christine :) I LOVE anything that sparkles, hence the glitter paper (I use it a lot).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card Janelle. I like the stamp sets you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Vicki, it all just came together nicely. This is one of my favourite Christmas sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janelle, I too love anything that sparkles. What is a xmas card without some bling! Love how you created the night sky through the windows. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bling and sparkles, I think we will get along just swell Narelle :) The sponging worked out better than I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I NEED this stamp set. What great inspiration you have given this week. I love your idea n this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee...of course you NEED it, anything with a santa in it you need :)

      Delete
  12. Now you got very creative with the sketch! I LOVE this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teneale. Not sure that I stuck exactly to the sketch this week, but as you can see I just got a little carried away so had to keep going with it sorry :( BUT I do like the end product anyway :)

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com